This is one of the best cakes you will ever taste! This man is all class. His delicate features and elegant demeanour make him intriguing to all that encounter him. He has a textured and amazingly savouring personality that is not too sweet and not too dry.
He is reserved, yet revealing as one comes to know the depth of his essence. Whether he is enjoyed alone or shared with others, he has the ability to impress all.
It is hard not to fall in love with this man at first bite.
200g caster sugar
1 tsp almond extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp salt
1 cup almond meal
150g white chocolate
40ml canned coconut milk
250g mascarpone cheese, room temperature
2 cups whipping cream, chilled
0.25 cup icing sugar
1tsp coconut extract
0.5 unsweetened shredded coconut
120ml coconut milk
unsweetened shredded coconut
White chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease and line bottom and sides of a 23 cm pan with baking paper.
- Separate egg whites from yolks. Add salt over the whites and start mixing until foamy. Gradually add sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form. Best done with an electric beater.
- In a separate bowl mix egg yolks with almond extract and vanilla extract and then fold mixture into the whipped whites.
4. Gradually add almond meal, baking powder and flour and mix gently until a matter is formed.
- Pour until pan and cook for 45 minuted until lightly golden. Check cake is cooked by inserting a skewer in the centre of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean it is cook if it comes with batter then cook for a little longer.
- Leave cake to cool in tin for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting; place chocolate and coconut milk in a heat proof bowl and let it melt over a small saucepan with simmering water.
- Once melted transfer to a large bowl and combine with mascarpone cheese and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl whip cream until stiff peaks form then add sugar and coconut extract. Transfer mixture to mascarpone mix and combine gently using a metal spoon.
- Fold in shredded coconut. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut sponge cake horizontally into three layers and place one layer on a serving plate.
- Pour 40ml coconut milk over the layer then spread a quarter of the frosting on top. Repeat this process with the second and third layer.
- Cover the top and outside of the cake with the remaining frosting and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Decorate with Raffaello Truffle chocolates, white chocolate curls and coconut.
Follow The Man n Cake Theory on cupidbaker.wordpress.com