“He is a boy of glitz and glam! This young man will spend more time in front of the mirror than you do! Meet the Generation Y metrosexual. He must have the best of everything, he has the latest smartphone, is up to date with latest fashion trends and his hair takes at least 2 hours to style.
Outwardly he is very appealing, but he is still just a little cupcake. While he is focusing all his time and money on his appearance and lifestyle, he is not going to have any left over for you. He lives the champagne life on a beer budget and is mostly likely still living with his parents so he can afford it. If you are looking to settle down then think twice about considering a long-term relationship with this boy.”
2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
50g cocoa powder, sifted
0.5 tsp salt
110g caster sugar
0.5 tsp baking powder
2 eggs, beaten
150g butter, melted, cooled
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp nutella
12 Ferrero Rochers
100g butter, softened
2 cups icing sugar
1 tbsp milk
5 tbsp nutella, softened
12 Ferrero Rochers, for decoration
Crushed hazelnuts, for decoration
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Line a muffin tray with patty cake cases or line them separate on a oven tray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and caster sugar in a bowl. Make a well in the centre and add milk, butter, nutella, eggs and vanilla to flour mixture. Stir gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin pan or patty cake cases. Insert a ferrero rocher in the middle of each cupcake. Bake for 15 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
- Combine icing sugar, butter and milk in a bowl and mix until smooth. Mix in nutella, add more or less nutella to suit taste.
- Pipe nutella frosting onto cupcakes and place one ferrero rocher on each cupcake and sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts.